||Introduce the competition and open applications for 2015 competition.
|1 April (2016)
||Competition begins. Detailed competition requirements and development kits provided to all competing teams, and training schedule with NI mentor defined
|27th of April:
|9th of May:
|8th of June:
|25th of July:
||National Final – Live Competition
Milestone 1: (27th April)
- Completion of the Online NI LabVIEW Training Course (Core 1 and Core 2) by two team members.
Milestone 2: (9th May)
- Submit Project Proposal (300-500 words in MS Word or MS PPT format)
- Demonstrate usage of NI myRIO and LabVIEW to control at least one actuator/motor or acquire from at least one sensor.
Milestone 3: (8th June)
- Requirement: Preliminary design and prototype with obstacle avoidance implemented.
- Demonstrate: Create a prototype that moves forward avoiding obstacles.
Milestone 4: (25th July)
- Requirement: Demonstration of navigation/localisation and obstacles avoidance.
- Demonstrate: Robot begins with loaded medicine units in location A and then moves to location B. At location B, the robot carefully places a single medicine unit on an elevated space (a platform higher than the ground the robot is on).
Milestone 5: (29th August) Requirement to Qualify for Finals.
- Requirement: Object handling, navigation and obstacle avoidance.
- Demonstrate: Move from location A (with loaded medicine units) to location B while avoiding obstacles. At location B, the robot carefully places a single medicine unit on an elevated platform (a platform higher than the ground the robot is on). The robot then moves to location C while avoiding obstacles to place another medicine unit on another elevated platform. Finally, the robot must move to location D while avoiding obstacles to finish the task.
*Code submission and review will be required to pass Milestones 3, 4 and 5. Details on the design requirements and locations A, B, C and D will be provided with your 2016 Task Documentation.